NetSV is distributed with the LGPL License.
During this study, we developed some continuity and reconfiguration sripts for MRTG and Nagios, which ensure the well being of these tools after a renumbering:
- mrtg_continuity.sh: Reconfiguration and continuity script MRTG
- nagios_continuity.sh: Reconfiguration script Nagios
NetSV uses several external libraries or tools to work:
- libpcap: the Packet CAPture library, used to capture the ICMPv6 packets on the link.
- libxml2: uses for parsing the configuration file and generating the database.
- A WEB server with PHP4 and Python CGI support.
- Graphviz: a graphical tool for the Network Map generation and its Python bindings, pygraphlib.
- Yapps 2: a Python parser facility.
- To show the popup alerts, the monitored hosts must be running an X Window System such as X.org or XFree86 and GTK2.
- The daemon can perform Dynamic DNS Updates by using the utility nsupdate, which can be found under the Debian distribution in the package dnsutils.
netsv-manager-1.1.tgz: Latest release of NetSV Manager - Version 1.1 netsv-agent-1.1.tgz: Latest release of NetSV Agent - Version 1.1
The source code can be retrieved thanks to SourceForge's SubVersion service with the command:
svn co https://svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/netsv/netsv-manager netsv-manager
svn co https://svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/netsv/netsv-agent netsv-agent