NetSV is distributed with the LGPL License.
NetSV uses several external libraries or tools to work:
- libpcap: the Packet CAPture library, used to capture the ICMPv6 packets on the link.
- libxml2: uses for parsing the configuration file and generating the database.
- A WEB server with PHP4 and Python CGI support.
- Graphviz: a graphical tool for the Network Map generation and its Python bindings, pygraphlib.
- Yapps 2: a Python parser facility.
- To show the popup alerts, the monitored hosts must be running an X Window System such as X.org or XFree86 and GTK2.
- The daemon can perform Dynamic DNS Updates by using the utility nsupdate, which can be found under the Debian distribution in the package dnsutils.
To install NetSV Manager, simply use the command:
To compile and install NetSV Agent, use the command:
make && make install
The installation script will ask you several questions to configure the tool, please answer carefully.
To uninstall the tools, simply use the command: